ABOUT JUSTIN . . .
Justin Sorrow is a 2011 graduate of Belton-Honea Path High School. His interest in motor sports came at an early age. He received his first dirt bike at age 7 and began racing competitively soon afterwards. Justin raced with organizations such as GNCC Grand Nationals, NCHSA (NC Hare Scramble Assoc.), SETRA (Southeastern Trail Riders Assoc.) and others. After several years of racing dirt bikes, Justin found himself racing Go-Karts on the dirt tracks in South Carolina, North Carolina and others across the southeast. Finally in the fall of 2007, Justin became the driver of the #32 Ford Fusion owned by his Father, Marc Sorrow. Justin began racing in 2008 at Newport Speedway in Newport, TN where he ended 5th in the year end points race as a 15 year old rookie driver. In his first year NASCAR sanctioned, Justin raced at the historic Hickory Motor Speedway in North Carolina in 2009. He ended up 4th in the Limited Late Model point's race and also received "Most Popular Driver" award and "Best Sportsmanship" award. 2010 has been spent driving late models for the first time at Greenville-Pickens Speedway and Anderson Motor Speedway.
PO Box 647 Belton, S.C. 29627
Justin's Championships and Accomplishments
- 2015 First win of the season with the SELLM Series at Tri-County Speedway 5/16/15.
- 2013 Anderson Motor Speedway Late Model Track Champion
- 2012 2nd Place Southeast Super Trucks Series Inaugural Season (2 wins and 7 top five finishes of 10 races)
- 2012 Winner Lonesome Pine Raceway Coeburn, VA June 2, 2012
- 2012 Winner Hickory Motor Speedway June 23, 2012
- 2011 Won Anderson Motor Speedway Late Model Race 6/17/11
- 2010 Won the inaugural Limited Late Model Bud Fall Shootout
- 2009 Hickory Motor Speedway 4th Place
- 2009 Most Popular Driver Award
- 2009 Sportsmanship Award
- 2008 Newport Speedway 4th Place
- North Carolina Hare Scramble Champion 2005 Mini B Class
- SETRA Junior Enduro Champion 2005-2006
- SERMA Junior Enduro Champion 2006
- Justin also won the renowned “52nd Annual Little Brown Jug Enduro” in 2005. This is an AMA sanctioned classic enduro.
- I am a 2011 graduate of Belton-Honea Path High School
- I am a member at Neals Creek Baptist Church (Anderson, S.C.)
- I have a younger sister, Rachel and an even younger brother, Luke
- I enjoy hunting, swimming, camping and most of all racing.
- I work for my family business, JMS Electrical Contractors.
Justin's Personal Info.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Belton, South Carolina
Brad Daugherty is an ESPN commentator and part owner of JTG Racing. JTG Racing owns the #47 Marcus Ambrose Sprint Cup Team. Mr. Daugherty attended the University of NC. There he played college basketball alongside Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins and Kenny Smith. He then became one of the NBA’s biggest stars where he played for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Justin had the opportunity to race against and practice with Mr. Daugherty at the Myrtle Beach Speedway in Myrtle Beach, SC. “Brad was such a nice guy, fun to be around and so much help! I enjoyed the weekend getting to know Brad and spending time with Robert Pressley and his son Coleman. It was a blast!” said Justin Sorrow of one of his favorite moments from 2008.
Highlight of 2008 - Brad Daugherty
"2013 Anderson Motor Speedway Late Model Track Champion"
Win at Tri-County Motor Speedway
April 24, 2015
After many successful years of racing, countless wins and track championships, Justin is taking on a new role in the racing industry. He is now working with drivers and teams to provide car set up and track support. Justin is currently crew chief for #4 Dylan Hall, the son of the former Bush Grand National Series driver Shane Hall. Please contact Justin at 864-934-6200 for more information.